If you're going to live in Rwanda...
10. Always check if there is toilet paper before going to the bathroom.
9. Don't mention pizza. Don't even think about it.
8. Don't let your candle burn too low or else it will fall through the coke bottle, leaving no base for the next candle.
7. Be prepared to wait 10 minutes to open a single web page (sometimes 20).
6. While it's impossible to be friendly with every Joe Schmo who approaches you wanting to know every detailof your life, keep in mind that the guy you snub walking down the road or sitting next to you on the bus might be someone really important, or might become your best friend.
5. "Malaria pills? Oh, I forgot about those months ago..."
4. You will become addicted to the same food over and over and over. Mainly, chapati and tea every morning and the infamous melange: rice, beans, cooked bananas, and chips covered with vegetable or meat sauce. Oh, how much I will miss it!
3. Go hiking! On a clear day from the highest point in the southeast you can see Tanzania, Burundi, and the volcanoes on the other side of the country.
2. Chew Rice cautiously to avoid the rocks.
1. Every morning is like going white water rafting! A little imagination goes a long way in making cold bucket showers enjoyable.